Leipzig Book Fair 2023
Leipzig Book Fair is the most important get-together in the spring for the book and media industry, connecting readers with authors, publishers and media companies from Germany and around the world. They all visit Leipzig to experience a diversity of literature, discover innovations and gain new perspectives.
Leipzig Book Fair is held in conjunction with the Manga-Comic-Con and the Leipzig liest ("Leipzig reads") reading festival from 27th to 30th April 2023.
- Most important spring meeting of the book and media industry
- approx. 2,500 exhibitors from over 40 countries (year 2019)
- 286,000 visitors at the exhibition center and throughout the city, including 62,000 trade visitors (year 2019)
- Approx. 3,400 participants in 3,600 events on 550 stages at Leipzig liest (year 2019)
- Exhibition areas: autoren@leipzig (offers for authors), fiction and non-fiction, children, youth and education, book art & graphics, art colleges, service providers of the book industry: non-book, specialist book, non-fiction & science, digital world: audio, film & media, international, art book, music, travel, religion, newspapers and magazines
- 108,000 sq. ft. of gross floor space (year 2019)
- Approximately 3000 journalists (year 2019)
- In conjunction with the Manga-Comic-Con
- Ideal sponsor: German Publishers and Booksellers Association (Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V.)